Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Hobby

Hello, all. My name is Ara and I have an interesting hobby: I read and review horrible books.

I'm in a local book club where we get what are called "galleys" - books that haven't yet been released to the general public. We read these books, write reviews, and send the reviews to the publishers to help them do their job. Sometimes, especially towards the end of the year, by the time we read a particular book, it's already been released. But that's okay; it's still pretty cool.

My point is, in any book club, the general idea is to listen for books that sound good at the meetings and then read them for yourself. Right?

Wrong.

I love reading horrible books. I love it with a burning, fiery passion. I also love grammar and spelling with the same burning, fiery passion, but that's beside the point. Because as much fun as it is to read a really, truly good book and then tell my club how good it was for thirty seconds, it SO much more fun to suffer through three hours of literary torture and then rant for ten minutes.

So that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have started this blog.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment